Saturday 15 June 2013

Ganpati Bappa Moryaa.. Mangal Murti Morya

He is my favourite God. I am sure he is favourite of many of you'll too. This post today is dedicated to one of my most intricate hand paintings done ever in my lifetime. And let me assure you, I haven't done anything like this ever and will surely never do it again. A good 11 years ago, in the month of December 2002, it was mission Ganpati Bappa painting for me.

It was more of a dedication than an assignment or something that would give me bragging rights. What started on December 7, 2002 ended exactly on December 15, 2002. Yes, I spent more than one week behind making this painting of Lord Ganesh. And for the same, I changed my dining table and kitchen platform into a war room for a good nine to eleven hours a day.

Ganpati Bappa Morya!!!
Yes, it was war room. I joined my 4ft x 2ft sized dining table with the kitchen platform for a month to ensure that this remains to be the best piece of hand made art work ever done. And yes it was worth it. For a month, my mother was forced out of her place of work, the kitchen. And no one was allowed to do anything around without my permission. 

My parents put up with my passion, expectedly and the result of this was stupendous, at least that's what my cousins told me. My cousin Ishita and Pinal both demanded that this 'close to my heart' work adorn the walls of their home. I complied for the two are my favourite cousins. So I went through the motions again, with same enthusiasm but this time took some more time. 

And to make it look different, what I did was a very precise cut out of the work and pasted it on a black chart paper, framed it and gifted them (Below).

My work on the walls of Ishita & Pinal's home

Till date, I haven't honestly worked so hard for any piece of work. Like today I want to lose a bit of flab, and if I had to do make this again, I would easily lose a kilo or two doing this. But I now believe there are better ways than making a painting of Lord Ganesh to lose weight. Why not walk to Siddhivinayak every Tuesday. I will get his blessings as well as lose some weight too. Bolo Ganpati Bappa Morya, Mangal Murti Morya!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment