Friday 25 April 2014

Who is Charlie? Who is Lola?

"I want a pair of Charlie and Lola shoes," said Anuraj, one of my returning clients. Earlier she had got a pair of Chhota Bheem shoes for her son and this time she wanted something similar for a friend's daughter. Such was my ignorance about this English writer and illustrator's characters that I had to actually ask the client thrice in a week who actually were Charlie and Lola.

Yes, I come from the Doordarshan era where Tom & Jerry, Pingoo, Swat Kats and to some extent Duck Tales were considered to be best cartoons. From the contemporary lot, I do know of Chhota Bheem, Dora, Doraemon, Winnie The Pooh and others, but Charlie and Lola, well. 

But anyway, after I saw their website, I was super impressed. Though they aren't the most cute looking fictional characters, but ultimately they looked good on the shoes. Brother sister pair of Charlie and Lola, with their friend Lotta and a dog named Sizzles adorn the shoes. 

I have to admit I need to brush up my fictional/cartoon characters' knowledge if I have to keep up in this space. Better late than never. Till then take a look at these shoes and yes, visit their website www.charlieandlola.com which will be a delightful experience. And yes, I also have my website live, I said it right earlier. Ohh yes, I did. 






No comments:

Post a Comment