Sunday 22 March 2015

Last minute panic is called a creative mood

This time around my work on a shoe is so well defined by quotes of the characters I hand painted. Here is probably the story which says it all.

Calvin: "You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood."
Hobbes: "What mood is that?"
Calvin: "Last-minute panic."

Yes. This is my first Calvin & Hobbes shoe and I got really tied up while completing it. It became last minute thanks to my dear sister's last minute plans to travel abroad. I got this order from one of my most loyal clients named Anu. She ordered for this in size 38. Unfortunately I had size 39 and that would have been a bit bigger.

We had to wait till my vendor sent me a size 38 shoe. We ordered and the vendor said he will dispatch it. In fact after some digging, we found a size 38 in our stock itself. And then the next night my recently married, settled in Hongkong less-of-a-sister-more-of-a-friend asked me to join her in Hongkong for some fun.

I couldn't resist the temptation and I realised I just had 36 hours to complete the shoe. With a back spasm that has been irritating me for over 4 months, and an eye on Hongkong, I started the shoe just 36 hours before my flight. And trust me my last-minute panic work came out really well.

The pressure of finishing work before I leave made me more focused. And the final product is for all to see. I told my client to collect the shoes from my husband who wasn't joining the ladies party in Hongkong. Here is to Calvin and Hobbes and their inspirational quote.






No comments:

Post a Comment